FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How to wear the 5log face mask?
The following instructions must be followed closely each time you wear your face mask, in order to improve your protection.
- Unfold the face mask.
- Cup the respirator in your hand to maintain the position on your face.
- Adjust the ear loops to fit the face mask comfortably.
- Adjust the nose bridge bar tightly around your nose.
- To check the respirator-to-face seal, place both hands completely over the respirator and exhale sharply. If air leaks around the nose, readjust the nose bridge bar as described in step 4. The mask should cover the wearer’s mouth, nose, and chin.
Why do face masks need antimicrobial treatment?
Bacteria and viruses, including coronavirus, are present in droplets and in some cases on airborne suspended particulate matter.
Surgical masks and particulate matter filters, even those that meet N95 and N99 standards, are designed to filter particulate matter. Most are not effective in filtering viruses.
However, even when they do filter bacteria and viruses, these trapped microorganisms are still alive on the mask. Through natural breathing and handling (removing, storing, wearing), this poses a great infection risk, as the microorganisms can pass through, transfer to your hand, or some other surface. Recent studies have shown that SARS-CoV-2, the virus that caused the COVID-19 infection, can survive on surgical masks for days.
The greater the exposure to the virus, whether in critical environments like hospitals or when used for extended periods of time and/or reused, the greater the risk of infection.
The 5log mask is able to destroy the virus and other pathogens powerfully and continuously upon contact and is hence mitigating this risk.
How much more effective is the 5log face mask in protection against coronavirus relative to a normal mask?
A conventional N95 mask filters droplets and particles that may carry coronavirus. The 5log mask uses such an industry standard filter as well, but offers additional protection by destroying >99% of coronaviruses on each layer enveloping this filter. Further testing is still ongoing, but this implies a >99.99% inactivation beyond the standard filtration.
How safe is it to use a 5log Livinguard face mask?
The Livinguard technology that our 5log masks use, has passed extensive skin safety testing at Product Safety Labs in USA per US EPA requirements and at Hohenstein Institute in Germany per European standards.
How can I buy a 5log face mask?
We are in active dialog with leading retailers, consumer and fashion brands, and medical distributors to increase availability of our masks to healthcare professionals, patients, and general consumers across the world.
How long can I use a 5log face mask at a stretch?
While you will always be the best judge for yourself, our masks are designed with comfort in mind for extended use throughout the day.
What sizes does the mask come in?
We currently have two sizes: Medium and Large. The mask comes with the ability to slightly adjust the size and fit through adjuster beads on the ear loops.
Cautions and limitations
1. THIS FACE MASK DOES NOT ELIMINATE ILLNESS, DISEASE OR INFECTION AND IS INTENDED FOR GENERAL PUBLIC USE.
2. THIS FACE MASK DOES NOT REPLACE RESPIRATORS FOR USE AS SURGICAL MASKS.
3. THIS FACE MASK DOES NOT SUPPLY OXYGEN. DO NOT USE IN ATMOSPHERES CONTAINING LESS THAN 19.5% OXYGEN.
4. DO NOT USE THE 5LOG FACE MASK FOR CHEMICALS, GASES, VAPORS, OIL AEROSOLS, OIL BASED PARTICLES OR EXTREMELY HIGH PARTICULATE CONCENTRATION.
5. NEVER SUBSTITUTE, MODIFY, ADD, OR OMIT PARTS. USE ONLY EXACT REPLACEMENT PARTS IN THE CONFIGURATION AS SPECIFIED BY THE MANUFACTURER.
6. FOLLOW FITTING INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY, FILTERING EFFICIENCY DEPENDS ON PROPER FITTING. USE YOUR OWN MASK.
7. INDIVIDUALS WITH A COMPROMISED RESPIRATORY SYSTEM, SUCH AS ASTHMA OR EMPHYSEMA, SHOULD CONSULT A PHYSICIAN AND COMPLETE A MEDICAL EVALUATION PRIOR TO USE.
8. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR CHILDREN BELOW THE AGE OF 7.